Friday, August 14, 2009

My Fluffy Collection

I have a huge collection of hundreds of fluffy angora, mohair, and cashmere sweaters, and dozens of furs, but only relatively few are in good enough condition to wear in public.

My furs include fox, alpaca, rabbit, nutria, beaver, seal, squirrel, lamb, kangaroo, and New Zealand possum.  Coats, jackets, stoles, collars, hats, etc.  Unfortunately, most of the fur coats and jackets are too small for me.  They are just waiting for slimmer people that could fit into them, who would love to wear them for me.   However, I have 2 exceptional super favorites, a full-length kangaroo coat that fits me, and a full-lenth golden fox fur coat that fits me!  That's the one I'm wearing in the picture!

I also have artistic alpaca fur rugs on the walls in my living room and hall, and alpaca fur pillows and sheepskins on the couches, as well as on my bed.  I also have many rabbit pelts, a few fox pelts with the head and tail, many NZ possum pelts, many angora goatskin mohair fur pelts, and 2 kangaroo pelts.  

Many of the rest of the fluffy sweaters and furs are just for playing with in bed. But after 40 years of collecting, I have so many that most are really just to have in the collection. I have a closet and shelves full of them. My room is lined with wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling shelves full of fluffies. I can't stand to even get rid of the old ones I have worn out, because they hold so many wonderful memories!. I have been able to collect so many because they are mostly used, from thrift stores, swapmeets, garage sales, and Ebay.

I have only in more recent years been able to afford to indulge in brand new 100% angora sweaters. My favorites are hand-spun hand-knit 100% angoras from angoraknitforyou.com. I now have over a dozen super-fluffy new 100% angora sweaters and even a pair of 100% angora pants from the same place. A couple of them are huge! About 60 inches around. The sleeves are long enough to cover my hands, the hem is long enough to cover my privates, and the collar is long enough to cover my head as a hood. 

I also have several other pairs of angora-blend and cashmere pants, and a couple of cashmere robes.

I like my sweaters large and loose so I can feel the fluff loosely rubbing against my skin. Unfortunately, since most angora sweaters were made for smaller women, most of my collection is small on me, but because sweaters can stretch, unlike fur coats, I still wear the slightly small angora sweaters to feel the fluffyness.

Since cashmere and mohair sweaters are made for men, I have several large ones I wear in public more frequently. I like cashmere because it is so soft and also light and thin enough that I can wear it even on warmer days. But angora is sexier to me because it is thicker and fluffier and furrier, and fluffyness is what turns me on.

I also have MANY soft fluffy furry blankets!  I am alsways checking to see if a new softer fluffier furrier kind of blaniket has become available.  It is amazing how much softer the softest blankets have become over the years.  I also have robes made of the same soft furry materials, and many furry body pillows and throw pillows.  I also have a few sweaters made of a newly invented incredibly soft synthetic angora-like yarn.

Pictures of my fuzzy angoras and furs collection are at

flickr.com/photos/11260753@N05/

No comments:

Post a Comment